Friday, December 2, 2011

Rewind & Replay: Oct thru Dec 2nd.

With less than a week left of the fall semester and the first week of December upon us I thought I would blog a short reflection and some pictures of the last couple months. 
October:
Tucker had surgery for a third attempt at reconstruction the outer wall of his ear drum.  So far and fingers crossed the surgery went pretty well.  Unless you ask Tucker who will gladly tell you other then the chocolate milk shakes the whole surgery/recovery was horrible, thanks to the huge wrap bandage that he wanted off the second he woke up.
The older boys Keaton and Tucker continued the soccer season and both brought home good grades on their first quarter report cards.  Keaton was selected as student of the month in October, he continues to enjoy school and has started participation in the peer buddies program at his school working with students with disabilities.  During October we spent most weekends between soccer games and fall activities including a short but fun filled trip to the pumpkin farm to pick out pumpkins. This Halloween Mason and I dressed up with the kids to go trick or treating. 

Last but certainly not least we took family pictures. (Here's a sneak peak...you can see the rest when I mail Christmas cards.)


And, there is always one person not looking...thanks Zak. 
November seemed to literally fly by!  The boys helped me put together a list of family members who served in the military to place on their school's wall of honor.  All together we listed 30 names tracing some family members back to the Civil War.  This was a great opportunity to talk to the boys about the sacrifices that men and women have made for our country, it also provided the opportunity for their Uncle Madison to go with them to school and speak to Keaton's class about what it is like to be in the military.
I really love November the weather is usually very nice, soccer season is ending and freeing up more weekend time to spend with the kids and Mason.  I like reflecting on all of the blessings I have in my life and participated in 30 Days of Thanksgiving by posting on facebook something I was thankful for everyday.  30 Days of Thanksgiving (my facebook posts, shortened, and slightly more to the point.) my husband Mason, all of my boys Keaton, Tucker, Zak & Eli, my family, friends, ipod, music, cell phone to keep in contact with all my lovelies, computer, and life in general.

Eli turned 2!   I can't believe it where has all the time gone?  He is growing so fast it is hard for me to wrap my head around when it seems like just yesterday I was holding a swaddled newborn and today I have a very curious, at times stubborn, adorable, Cars loving little toddler.  I decided I was going to post his newborn pic side by side with his birthday pic, that is if I am smart enough to format the pictures on blogger that way.

Eli Logan. One day old
Eli on his 2nd birthday!




 




Our family had a wonderful Thanksgiving spending time with family we don't get to see all the time.  We have a lot to be thankful for and I spent every minute of Thanksgiving weekend hanging out with the boys and counting my blessings.  Mason spent the weekend after Thanksgiving working over time for extra Christmas money, just another reason I love him and am lucky to have him in my life. My dad and step mom took a much needed and long over due trip to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with my brother, sister in law, and niece Breseis.  Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece, and God Daughter Breseis, she turned 1 on the 23rd.

Minor set backs in November, Zak has some mysterious illness.  He spent most of November sleeping close to 18 hours a day.  He has seen our family doctor a lot this month and we have learned that his liver enzymes are elevated well above normal ranges.  Which has made my job as mommy hard this month, I hate being the one who holds him down at all of his lab draws.  Luckily slowly his levels are coming down but are still above normal, so more lab work is in our future.  Tucker had two follow ups for his ear and although things appear to be healing well there is still a small scab over the surgical site on his ear drum and knowing defiantly if his surgery in October was a success is going to have to wait at least a couple more weeks.   Also, my brother Luke has had numerous complications after an earlier knee surgery, including getting methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus or MRSA, (basically a staff infection that doesn't respond to anitbiotics.)  Luke has had to have some other surgeries to help deal with this infection, and spent several days in the hospital.  I am thankful he is now home with his wife and baby and doing better everyday. 

So thats it, a busy 3 months and not nearly as short of a reflection as I originally thought it would be.  More adventures and posts to come thanks for reading  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment